EP Legal is an international law firm based in Birmingham, We specialise in Criminal, Immigration and Commercial law. Drawing on over 90 years of combined experience, we aim to provide a personal, completely independent and confidential service. We work on the basis that no case is too big or too small and we always treat our clients with the respect, discretion and commitment they deserve.
We are seeking a new member to join our Birmingham office. The candidate must be law-related graduate or hold a diploma in law or equivalent to GDL in the UK. Alternatively, holding an OISC qualification or the Law Societies Immigration Law Qualification, level 2. The successful candidate will undertake casework and manage a specific caseload in relation to immigration and commercial matters. A candidate with a following would be especially welcome.
In some circumstances, we would consider a candidate who had a degree and was looking to go into the Legal Field. This is a Maternity Leave post for a 12-month fixed term.
All candidates must either be a UK Citizen, Naturalised, have ILR or a right to work under a visa for the 12-month period. We would also consider paet-time for students with the availability to work 20 hours/ week, but the average of the taught elements and other related marks are at merit as the lowest level.
We are an equal opportunities employer and the position will be offered on merit, regardless of race, sex or disabilities.
- Taking instructions in person or via web-based applications, from new client or existing ones;
- Preparation and management of applications to the Home Office;
- Liaise with immigration authorities, other agencies and groups as required;
- Interview and advise clients on completion of documents;
- Attend clients in prison and detention centres and surgeries on occasion where appropriate;
- Complete records and ensure databases are updated;
- Keep up to date at all time with changes in Immigration/ Asylum/ Commercial law;
- Assist solicitors in commercial projects and cases.
- Strong Communication skills, including oral and writing skills in English and Vietnamese;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specially Outlook, Word and Leap;
- Be able to deal with tasks with requires logical and critical mindset;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organisational skills in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable depending on experience;
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays;
- Opportunity to work in a friendly environment and plenty of scope for personal development;
- Opportunity to have training contract if the candidate performs well. This is a discretionary offer based on performance and the firm’s decision towards the end of the contract
For further details, please contact us by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org